LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all my name's Brittany, I'm from southern MD. I have a white 95 Z28 and i absolutely love her. She is mostly stock with 17X11 Zr1 rims and 275 front/315 rear tires. I've had the car since 2010 and it's my daily driver. I am really big into the car scene and my goal is to learn more about cars and eventually build an ls1. Im hoping to get one in the next year or so but we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome. Not seeing the pics though.

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
For learning the lt1, shbox.com should be your first stop. Lots of good lt1 info there. Next stop should be 4th gen section, sticky threads, where 4th gen parts books reside for download. Finally, to the regular threads of same section, to download the 94 factory service manual. Your 95 shares about 98% of the info with the 94. For differences, shoebox's site will give the details. Also 95 specific wiring diagrams can be downloaded at BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For learning the lt1, shbox.com should be your first stop. Lots of good lt1 info there. Next stop should be 4th gen section, sticky threads, where 4th gen parts books reside for download. Finally, to the regular threads of same section, to download the 94 factory service manual. Your 95 shares about 98% of the info with the 94. For differences, shoebox's site will give the details. Also 95 specific wiring diagrams can be downloaded at BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products
I've been to that site, its super helpful and we have the 95 manuals at my house which are a big help. So ready to move up in the car world!

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome, why do you want a built ls1 instead of an lt1?
I want to build another car over mine because mine has 216k miles on it and would take more to fix up than just buying another. I'm on multiple forums and some of my buddies have told me an ls1 is easier to build bc i originally wanted to put the 383 stroker in my lt1. I have sometime to make up my mind but i love my lt1. We have 4 95 z28s, it's kind of a family thing. I just want another one and it be cool to have and ls and an lt.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I want to build another car over mine because mine has 216k miles on it and would take more to fix up than just buying another. I'm on multiple forums and some of my buddies have told me an ls1 is easier to build bc i originally wanted to put the 383 stroker in my lt1. I have sometime to make up my mind but i love my lt1. We have 4 95 z28s, it's kind of a family thing. I just want another one and it be cool to have and ls and an lt.
LT1s aren't really that difficult to build if you have the right parts and a good machine shop. But the LS series motors are all very responsive to upgrades and mods. They do not leak near as much either..... Either engines a good platform to build and there's a ton of used lt1 performance parts turning over on this site frequently.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
That's some miles! Yeah, either platform is good to work from. Ultimately its your money and your choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LT1s aren't really that difficult to build if you have the right parts and a good machine shop. But the LS series motors are all very responsive to upgrades and mods. They do not leak near as much either..... Either engines a good platform to build and there's a ton of used lt1 performance parts turning over on this site frequently.
It's gonna end up depending on price and timing. But I'll do it one day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts