LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has any opinions on this setup. 94 z28.

pacesetter longtube headers with true duals and mufflers.

or

pacesetter lts with ory and mufflers.

also a friend of mine offered me 2 brand new sainless steel aero chamber mufflers for 35 bucks a peice. anyone know if those are any good? sound? restrictive?

thanks guys:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ive heard good things about pace setter longtubes, and true duals will really make that thing sound good.

How many inches in diameter is the muffler? and is ur enine stock?
if its not stock and is pumping quite a few horses then wider exhaust setup would be ideal.
instead of small and restrictive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would go with just a plain Y, I love the deep sound of a 3'' Y vs the duals, Also you won't have to figure out how to get duals on, I know there are kits to put duals but why fix it if it aint broke? I think duals are more expensive vs Ys as well. And any gains you see vs a high flow y are going to be so negligible that it's not going to be worth the time and money.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you run duals you might run into ground clearance problems, 3 inch catback will flow just fine with LTs and fit perfectly

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty much stock. i plan on changing that so i dont want to do the most basic setup that ill have to change later so maybe 2 2 1/2 inch pipes?

well the ypipe is 130 alone and the duals would just be bended piping i can get done by a friend from a muffler shop. im guessing it would be better flowing and sound better (going for deeper and louder).

as for the headers i might just go with painted since its about 140 bucks cheaper than ceramic.

i will also be removing the intake manifold thanks to a oil leak. any gains in porting it or getting a lt4 intake? from what ive heard these intakes are really restrictive/:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious (flamesuit on)

what if i did longtubes with my stock exhaust and just a new ypipe? i really like the sound of my flowmasters right now.

but if i were to do so id say an electric cutout on the ypipe maybe? so i can sound decent when with the lady and just cruisin then loud and vicious when i want to? hahaha

·
Registered
131 Posts
idk much about the mufflers i know if you run long tubes you gotta get some poly engine mounts or the torque of the engine will cause it to hit your floor boards, i didnt know if you knew this or not good luck, i got edelbrock shorties on mine still sounds the best in town tho, haha:lol:

·
Registered
366 Posts
pretty much stock. i plan on changing that so i dont want to do the most basic setup that ill have to change later so maybe 2 2 1/2 inch pipes?

well the ypipe is 130 alone and the duals would just be bended piping i can get done by a friend from a muffler shop. im guessing it would be better flowing and sound better (going for deeper and louder).

as for the headers i might just go with painted since its about 140 bucks cheaper than ceramic.

i will also be removing the intake manifold thanks to a oil leak. any gains in porting it or getting a lt4 intake? from what ive heard these intakes are really restrictive/:
Keep in mind that painted headers run very very hot, the ceramic coating is worth the money in my opinion, they do a great job in staying "cool"

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so if i go ceramics is the hp gain really worth the 800+ bucks including the exahaust? is there anything more worth the money?

·
Registered
366 Posts
so if i go ceramics is the hp gain really worth the 800+ bucks including the exahaust? is there anything more worth the money?
What are your plans and goals you want to meet with your car? Because lets say down the road you wanna do a cam swap, your gonna need those headers so the engine can breathe

Is it worth it? To me yes, to others maybe not, just depends on where your going with the car

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Just stick with the single 3" exhaust, you don't need poly mounts, and you don't need ceramic coating. Ceramic coating will help a bit with under hood temps and make the headers last longer. True duals will net you nothing more than headaches and extra weight. If you want to get loud now and then put in an electrc cutout right before the axle. I'm still running a 3" catback and was trapping almost 120 in the 1/4 before my trans started to slip. Some people have had good luck with the stainless steel Ebay headers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i see what you mean. just tryna get some more power out of the car. its still a daily so thats why i figured headers would be a good choice.

would i be able to do lontubes into my stock exhaust? should i get rid of the catt or just moves it back? and wheres the best place to put the cutout?

thanks btw. just tryna make sure i do this once and do it right.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
yeah i see what you mean. just tryna get some more power out of the car. its still a daily so thats why i figured headers would be a good choice.

would i be able to do lontubes into my stock exhaust? should i get rid of the catt or just moves it back? and wheres the best place to put the cutout?

thanks btw. just tryna make sure i do this once and do it right.
Yes, you can run longtubes into the stock exhaust. I would def run a cutout before the muffler though.

If you need to run cats, you will want aftermarket universal 3 inch ones and get em welded up in the new Y pipe as close as you can to the header collectors.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Best place to put the cutout is right before the axle. If you look under there you will see a spot in the floor where it can tuck up nicely and you can run the wire through the drain plug under passengers side rear seat area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts