LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'94 Firebird Formula

My clutch recently bit the dust so I bought and installed at bahnhof stage 3 clutch kit for my six speed trans.

Got it all installed and my car drives a lot differently. There's a lot of grab and chatter when I take off, its not near as bad when I'm rolling down the road. Its not horribly bad but it makes me uneasy.

Some of it is probably me and I know there's some sort of break in period. Is this normal?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just drove it again, I did better. It shifts fine and the clutch is disengaging and engaging just fine except for takeoff where there is chattering.

I feel like I'm 15 again trying to learn the ways of the manual.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so I just took it on yet another drive and it was all me. The chattering is very minimal which I am pretty confident is it just hasn't been broken in.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
clutch with a disc using other than organic friction surface like ceramic pucs, etc., are prone to 'chatter". Especially when new during break-in. your driving/engagement technique may need to adjust. On these types of clutches there is a fine line on smooth engagement...if you do find it. Part of the trade off when going to a more performance clutch. Ideally it will get better after the 500 mile break-in period

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm up to 480 miles on it and its almost gone though I still have a little trouble during take off. I've learned it needs more gas and a slow clutch release. It releases closer to the floor more than usual, I'm not close to grinding gears but I may still invest in an adjustable master cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts