LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Have a 1993 trans am with the t56 5.7L. I am looking to buy a new clutch and flywheel. what is everyone running,recommendations? or is anyone selling one or know of any deals going on please let me know.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Spec or RAM. Unless you wanna pay a butt load for twin disc etc. These two brands hold up well from what I hear. I have a RAM HD (650 HP rating).

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My power level is from what my builder says it's right at about 575hp but I think it will be lower at 525-550hp. I am running the stock flywheel because...well it works just fine and is compatible. Plus you don't need any of that aftermarket stuff unless you're a serious street/ track racer. The OEM exceeds the shatter requirements just like the aftermarket. Only difference is the OEM is heavy but if you can get over that (I did) you'll be fine e and you WO t even notice it while driving. One important thing to note is what's mods do you have? If you're stock stay with the stock clutch. You're wasting money if you go aftermarket with no good supporting mods that will need the extra clutch. I had a stocker for a long time 167k and am replacing it now because of my complete overhaul of my car. Plus I will definitely need the RAM CLUTCH now. If you want to know my set up just PM me and I will shoot it to you. It will take a lot of guess work out of your quest. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.