Discussion Starter #1

The car has a very simple set-up, and cheap at that! It consists of:

PulleyBoys MPS w/3.4 pulley
homebuilt 4" FWI
NGK TR-6's gapped @.055"
de-screened MAF
cutout
DHP PCM

Also, when I race, I add 2 gallons of 104 unleaded. I'm pretty happy with my "family car". ;)

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Good to see ya Saturday Brian. Nice times w/ the ole' grocery getter.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice times....how much more do you think is left in that setup?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, there's an easy 2 tenths with some sticky tires, but I'm hesitant to do that seeing as how it is a family car, and it would take away from the whole stealth thing I got going on. lol But, I believe with the addition of those, a set pf ported manifolds, a 3" downpipe, and 1.9 rockers and springs, the car could go 12's with a good launch.

What's funny is, I never even intended to go this far with the car. I mean, I really haven't done that much at all to it, but I never expected for it to take so well to the few simple mods that I did. And now that it has, it's really got me wondering what it can do with just a few more! :D Isn't that how it always goes though? lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't worry, that was the last day for us. we could always drive a couple of hours south though and run in Steele, AL, as their track is open year round, weather permitting of course. I used to make the drive in my old SS on quite a few occasions. ;)

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
NICETRY said:
well, there's an easy 2 tenths with some sticky tires, but I'm hesitant to do that seeing as how it is a family car, and it would take away from the whole stealth thing I got going on. lol But, I believe with the addition of those, a set pf ported manifolds, a 3" downpipe, and 1.9 rockers and springs, the car could go 12's with a good launch.

What's funny is, I never even intended to go this far with the car. I mean, I really haven't done that much at all to it, but I never expected for it to take so well to the few simple mods that I did. And now that it has, it's really got me wondering what it can do with just a few more! :D Isn't that how it always goes though? lol
Set of Drag Radials on stock wheels is still pretty stealth looking.
My 255/50 16 Mickeys
Greg (Shoreguy OC on Clubgp) 245/50 16 Nittos
Not that I'm trying to twist your arm ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe........shhhhhh.......the wife might hear. ;) :D

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
Like I said I wasn't trying to force you into anything :D :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts