LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 Trans Am WS6. It had several issues when I bought it. It had a bad loss of power and the dash and headlights pulsated. I found the wire on the alternator plug broken so I replaced the plug, got rid of the Auto Zone alternator and replaced it with a new AC Delco which has fixed the pusating lights and I now have a constant 14 volts at the battery when it's running. The power loss is a lot better but it still falls on it's face bewtween 2 and 3000 rpm's. I replaced the original plugs and wires since it has 90k miles and it still didn't fix the miss. I'm thinking it might be the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. Anyone with a little insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum Merle. Go to 4th gen section, look for thread titled "GM service manuals". Has link to 2000 factory service manual. Dowmload and start reading the driveability and emissions sections. Much good info and testing there. I'm a lt1 person and can't help you with your ls1 car too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts