LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 96 lt1 t/a and the clutch pedal is super stiff I mean solid like a rock i even desconected the slave at the tranny to try and push in the rod no luck im wanting to believe its just a bad clutch cylinder wondering if any has had this happen before and have fixed it? Thanks in advance.

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
The most common cause for the stiff pedal is the line between master & clutch cylinder being collapsed or blockage in line.

Unless you know age of master cylinder, line, & slave, I would replace all of them.

But just to be sure pedal assembly isn't frozen, when you remove hydraulic assembly, make sure clutch pedal moves freely.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the greeting and also for the valuable info my car buddies kept saying my clutch went out and I recently changed my z28 clutch and kinda didn't want to get into another clutch change but yea I looked into it their 136 brand new at summit which I think ain't all that bad Imma try and get me one this weekend and slap her on

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Before you order the new clutch hydraulic parts, do check and see if the clutch lever in bell housing is frozen. Even though it's a long shot, your new clutch parts could be frozen due to damage or incorrect assembly.

I take it clutch worked after changing it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts