LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Trans Am in ok condition but some unforseen things occured and I need a good paint job done @ a reasonable price. Everywhere I've gone they've asked for $5000. Does anyone know where I can get a better price than that???

·
Registered
71 Posts
paint genie, hopkins mn ill bet they would do it for 3k

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a long way to go to save 2000.....lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean to tell me noone knows of a reasoable paint shop in Chicago?? Guess I'll keep shopping around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Monett, Missouri. I got a friend who paints cars for cheap. He is a good guy and says he doesn't like ripping people off like other shops do. He painted my friends z28 for 2300 including hockeysticks, new hood and door install and a stripe down the middle around the hood scoop. Then again the price will vary based on how much work you do. He will let you do part of the work i.e. easy stuff like sanding. That will save you loads right there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2300 isn't bad. I am curious as to how much Car Collision charged ya. I don't wanna travel miles and miles for a deal. Thanks fellas. I do appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Diggz said:
2300 isn't bad. I am curious as to how much Car Collision charged ya. I don't wanna travel miles and miles for a deal. Thanks fellas. I do appreciate the info.

There are Cars Collision Centers all over the Chicago area. www.carscollision.com Run it by one for an estimite. I'll see if I can find my paperwork that says how much I payed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just the materials for my paint is going to be $1600. There's tons of labor in painting too. Depends what you want, and how picky you are. I have free labor, but I have to do some of the mechanical end of some stuff for him afterwords...

·
Registered
95 Posts
uh! oh! go to maaco. you do all the prep and let them spray it you can get a good job done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My brother said go to Maaco too. I thought he was sniffing paint thinner when he suggested it. Maybe a second job before summer doesn't sound so bad after all....\sigh/

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi diggz. im about 60 miles from you. Im a retired pro. painter and do work on the side. been doing it for about 35 years. If you would like i can paint ur car for 2k. i know how the body shops work. yes lots of laybor but come on.. 45 dollars an hour i think the going rate is now these days. let me know what you think im located in laporte, indiana 46350. my shop is right off 94 exit 1 in new buffalo michigan. let me know what u think and if ur interested send me some pics of your car to [email protected]. i would hope you stuck with the same color cause changing it i now understand why they said 5k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts