LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
own a 02 Z28 in Germany race my car on Nurburgring every chance I get and I am a little worried I am going to bend my frame being as the track and roads over here are crazy..and way to much fun. I just want to know if weld in ones are better than bolt on ones. Germany has laws making it really hard to get my hands on a welder so bolt on would be a lot easier but I don't know you tell me. are they both equal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the Competition engineering bolt in SFC's. I welded then in after I had a chance and they made an big difference just bolted in. Well worth the money. I got them from Summit. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
weld in is typically seen as better. with that stress on the car, you might want to look for one that also makes an x accross the bottom of the car, with a good tunnel brace. LG Motorsports(sorry sponsors, yall might also carry something similar) makes a nice piece that you might want to check out. shippin is goin to be the biggest bitch for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have LG weld ons and they are great. They tuck up under the car nicely and they have brackets were I can bolt on an X bracket that they sell.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i can from expirience recomen the UMI boxed SFC's weld in... the price was nice, and the peice was as good of build quality as i have seen.
added bonus they are a sponcer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input I will hopefully be getting a big box for Christmas and either bolt-on or weld on will be all good

·
Registered
28 Posts
We recommend weld ins, after some time turning with the bolt ins, they oval holes in the floor. I have Competition engineering ones and i had some nice 1/2" ovaled holes fast with just street driving.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts