LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 z28 starts and then shuts down I resently replace ignition switch and fuel punp if I unhook mass air flow sensor car will I replace mas with new one and car does same as before stars and stall untill I unhook mas and car stays running what do I replace next thanksi

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Fixing a car is not about replacing parts and hoping it fixes the problem. First off your info is not enough. Yes I know it starts then shuts down. But you didn't say if it shuts down right away or after a period of time.

Arming yourself with knowledge would be good here. shbox.com has lots of good lt1 info, including testing of ignition, fuel system, etc. 4th gen section has 94 factory service manual to download. Volume 2 contains driveability section, emissions, and electrical sections. There are test procedures, wiring diagrams, a pcm connector symptoms chart, etc.

Things that can cause you to shut down are icm, opti, fuel pressure problems, problem with electrical part of ign switch, found under dash attached to steering column. Bad grounds, Loose, corroded, or burned connector pins. Bad opti wire harnes, it runs from opti to passenger side of intake manifold. Bad sensors or bad wiring to sensors. And other things.

Have you tested your fuel pressure with a guage? Have you scanned for codes, your 95 is an obd 1 car even though it has the obd 2 type dlc connector. There are codes that don't light the check engine light and can cause car not to run.

DTC 16- opti low resolution pulse missing, dtc 41 & 42 both icm related. Thes 3 din't light the cel, but will cause you not to run.

Go to lt1 engine section, in the sticky threads at top, open the diagnosing the optispark thread. Click link, watch video, run tests.

Also good to check battery terminals & cables, engine grounds, pcm grounds & power. All these are found in the wiring diagrams of service manual.

So download the 94 service manual, 98%+ is relevant to your 95. Read volume 2 and learn your car. Go to shoebox's site and learn as much as you can. Then start testing. Replace the parts that are bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fuel pressure 45 I have put computor scan and there was no codes the car starts for about 5 seconds and as I said if you unplug ams the car will run perfect but I also clean all ground cables and battery terminals are clean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts