LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine blew up a few weeks ago. It blew the side of the block out. Need a replacement, but no one seems to have one in Washington. Ones I have found would cost more than just finding another car, once all is said and done.

Anyone have any leads on a block. I'm currently talking with a person in LA who is listing one for $300. But, no guarantee yet.

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
I suggest you look for a wrecked lt1 equipped car. As you said, you can get an entire car cheaper than buying an lt1 engine.

And, keep in mind that lt1 was used in 92-96 corvettes, 94-96 buick roadmasters, 94-96 impala ss, and caprice. Also, 94-95 cad fleetwood.

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
If I remember correctly, you live in the pacific north west. You might want to find and contact Scriven Taylor. He lives in your neck of the woods and might still have the extra lt1 block that I sold him.

·
Registered
1996 A4 Z
6 Posts
I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship one out to you from Colorado, but I have a bare LT1 block sitting in my garage I'd be willing to let go cheap. To my knowledge, it came out of a '95 Z28. I bought it in pieces with the idea of building the block, but ended up going with a crate engine instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts