LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i need some ideas, cuz i'm out of them.
(thanx for reading in advance)

so a few months back my car died and didnt start, it had close to no fuel pressure, so i just replaced it with a simple airtex fuel pump and also replaced the fuel pressure regulator (delphi) and fuel filter for the hell of it. pressure was good on idle and while driving, but every now and then it would crank for about 10 secs for it to start and my check engine light will come on, few weeks later it would die while driving or when at a red light, the strange thing would be that as soon as the check engine light would go on, the car would drive prefect, so i thought it was just my icm going bad, just waiting for my next paycheck to buy it (which was today). when i was driving today it died on the freeway but this time it didnt stay on when i cranked it like usual, it kept dying until it didnt start anymore. bought and installed the new icm, but nothing. dont know what else it can be, any ideas would really help. and sorry for the long story.

car info:
94' z28 a4
bone stock
opti's about a year old
also new spark plugs and wires.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Check if you have spark, check fuel pressure again although i use lots of airtex pumps at the shop they do fail even if they new.. Did you try to start car when it cool down? Reason is icm gets pretty hot n tends to malfunction... How abt if you get a scanner and see if you get any codes...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx to my luck it broke down at the other side of town,
so i just got a ride home while i wait on it to cool down, will be going back soon.
i had no tools on me so i just checked the fuel pressure by hand and it seemed strong.
if i get no spark, what should i be looking at? ignition coil maybe?

thanx for the reply.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You need a proper gauge tho but if its good pressure check if you have spark going out of the coil and if you do check if you have going out of the cap.. You can try plugging your old icm to discard the option of a defective icm... Like i said check shbox website to diagnose the opti

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts