LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if im posting in the wrong place but im new and i figured this was just a good a place as anywhere. Im about to buy a 96-97 WS6 M6. The first thing im going to do to the car will be a Cat-back. I've always been very fond of the Loudmouth just because it has no muffler just a resonator. Ive never heard one in real life but ive heard probably about 20 audio clips. Loved All of them. But recently i have had some doubts people keep telling m,e loudmouth sounds like crap and that GMMG and borla sound better. Now i want an exhaust tone thats LOUD AS HELL but still sounds really good. I dont want my car to idle quietly. Thats just not something i care about. If i want my car to sound good i want it to always sound good not just above 3000 rpms. So im open for any suggestions. I would also love if anyone could post some sound clips or tell me where i could find them.(Already been to Ls1sounds.com) I would like sounds clips of cars with bone stock exhausts except the cat back.

P.S. My friend has a bone stock Ls1 T/a with nothing but a cat back. (No idea what it is) The muffler looks a lot like tha flowmaster muffler. And that car is so mellow and deep and lopey (if thats even a word) it sounds like a big v-twin boat :drool: . And i would love to hear if any of you can guess what it is. Oh and 2otl sounds awesome on a heads and cam ls1.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The Loudmouth is loud, that's certain. However, a lot of people are putting bullet mufflers in the I-pipe to quiet some of the resonance down and give the LM a deeper tone. That's why SLP offers the resonator option now.

I'd personally go with something else, because if you ever put headers on the car and delete the cats its going to be unbearably loud w/o any kind of muffler.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you like mindlessly loud cars, then the loudmouth is for you. However, with longtubes it will be incredibly raspy. It also drones quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not going to put headers on for a while and when i do im going to swap i out for something mellow and put a cutout on after the headers. Oh and can anyone tell me if a cut-out is anylouder than loudmouth and do they sound very different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A cutout is probally the best bang for your buck... its loud and its cheap! My current set-up is stock exhaust with Pacesetter Longtube Headers & Off-Road Y-Pipe with a FlowTech Cutout and its LOUD! hoping to get a borla system soon though...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have loudmouth on my lt1 and its loud. I am about to get rid of it in favor of more loudness but if loud is what you want that is what you get with loudmouth.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But does it sound good also?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay then its decided the exhaust i will buy will be SLP Loudmouth. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Roger that youll be happy im sure. If your still in the market for exhaust around nov-dec let me know im taking mine off and selling it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yah i should have my car by sept and if i havent purchased my exhaust by nov ill let you know.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Im trying to sell the cat i have with it. Easier to take off all at once. Its a high flow cat i bought from midas? I dont no the brand.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't think it sounds as good as a lot of the brands out there. But it definitely is loud. GMMG, Hooker, Magnaflow, Borla, 2OTL all sound better than the Loudmouth IMO.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Id pick borla over any actual exhaust. I like the sound but it cracks every once and a while and i catch hell for it when it does form the buddies. But my car idles louder than my freinds ls1 with a cutout. And for that id like to thank SLP.

·
Registered
656 Posts
How bout true duals with bullets? It's alot cheaper and rather loud.

·
Registered
194 Posts
NXSLT1 said:
How bout true duals with bullets? It's alot cheaper and rather loud.
I've heard and seen a lot of ground clearance complaints. I have the hooker catback. Cheap, and sounds 100x better then the LM. I've had the LM as well. :thumbdown

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bawls said:
I've heard and seen a lot of ground clearance complaints. I have the hooker catback. Cheap, and sounds 100x better then the LM. I've had the LM as well. :thumbdown
I've had true duals for over a year now and have scraped them only once. Didn't see a huge pothole in the parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts