LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a Mustang the other day because there just easier to find. Then i got pissed off at myself for even thinking that. Then i started comparing the two and i came up with a question that i couldnt think of an answer for. Where do you guys think a stock displacement, pump gas, naturally aspirated, 3 valved, street driven 4.6 Litre Mod Motor would, say, run into a brick wall when it comes to power output. Now where do you guys think a stock displacement, naturally aspirated, pump gas, 2-vavled, street driven 5.7 Liter LS1 or LT1 would run into a brick wall when it comes to power output?

·
Registered
97 Posts
He does say street driven. :p

Now is the question... What do you consider streetable? Stick with the LS1. Like you said Mustangs are all over the place.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
something that is drivable on the street. Pretty much my criteria. If its a pain in the ass to drive so what, just street legal.

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I don't know much about the 3-valve motor but from what I have seen if you want all out power you should go with the LS.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
24 Posts
all the mods in the world gets to radical to enjoy a nice quiet sunday drive on N/A cars , but one well done turbo set up is the answer for smooth hi-performance and fuel milage would be way better, and at todays prices you have to think realisticly about it. and turbo would work well on etheir GM or Ford or ETC... RON

·
Registered
24 Posts
I lost track of original thread, power output at least 50% on any engine, and easily 100% did you say 200%, turbos depend on basic engine integrity, or strength. and is being proven in todays cars, just look at results on turbo forums, how strong these engines are. ..... RON DARN even RICERS go fast turbod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts