LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a narrowed 9 inch for my 95 formula. Its narrowed 3 inches on each side. It has a torque arm braket but no torque arm. I got everything to put it together but, now I need a drive shaft, torque arm, and the correct back spacing on the rims. I would like to get a nice deep dish alumimum rim like a weld pro star or something.... My question is does anyone know what the correct backspacing is to get the fattest tire I can under the car and where do I get the torque arm? Also, does anyone know the correct length of the drive shaft and what kind should I get?

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Everything needs to be measured, once mounted. Most shops will ask for the measurement from the tailshaft of the transmission to the yoke on the rearend.

As for wheel spacing the wheels -the backspacing will simply subtract 3" to the wheel as you didnt gain any clearance in the wheel well. The largest size you could fit is a 325/50/15 and even then you will need to clearance inside of the rear fender well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waking up old thread...9 inch questions...

Had the narrowed 9 inch with all UMI tubular setup in for a few months... have not drivin it much because I was saving for Weld RTS 15 x 10 Rims with a 5.5bs. Went to put new 295/55/15 tire/rim combo on and its close but don't exactly fit... so I adjusted the Torque arm and finally got it on the lugs... its tight.

So now that I messed with my torque arm to move the axle back a little I forgot pinion angle, WHAT DO I SET THE 9IN PINION ANGLE AT??? (4l60e)

Also, anyone with pics would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts