LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was driving home from work, it's about a 20 minute drive, all in town, low rpm stuff

it ran great almost all the way home. i launched from a stop sign and noticed it was jumping, kind of like a random miss.

not a misfire as much as a 'drop out'. no weird noises.. i'd say it 'feels' like an ignition miss.

oddly enough it idled perfectly well, and revved up ok in neutral.. but it continued to stumble like that the rest of the way.

didn't have time to look at it that night. next morning i fire it up, take a short drive around the block. barely even warmed it up before i pulled away. it ran perfectly, for a few minutes while cold, then it started doing it again.

it happened shortly after entering closed loop this time. of course my first thought is.. 'oxygen sensor'. but i think back to the other day's drive, and it had been in closed loop for quite a while. the log reveals the o2s switching properly, and trims are not heavy.

i'd expect to find it on the lean side if it was a fuel pressure issue or something. unfortunately dont have a fuel pressure tester handy.

i'm kinda lost. opti and plug wires are fresh. like i mentioned, cold, it runs perfect.

coil or ICM maybe?

here's a datalog, nothing really sticks out at me

http://mercurydelayline.com/stumble-1.uni

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
nevermind, i think i found it.. #5 and #7 plug wires were burned right through

i NEVER should have tried to route wires under these headers.. was a stupid idea

used a pair of old wires for now, went over the top of the headers, and i couldnt make it stumble..

2013-04-29 13.00.20.jpg by rfesu, on Flickr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts