LS1LT1 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Haven't considered that. But might think about that.
I need to get under the car to find out, how hard it is to pull the transmission.

But I don't know If I can do that myself.
I think I would be able to install the gears, but they need to be aligned and at this point I would need to take it to a shop. (no tools, no experience)
But there aren't alot of good shops around here and the once around charge so much money for simple things its crazy.

Thats why I considered buying the 4.10 complete rear end which is already aligned so I could just swap the whole rear end.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Since you have 2.73's, you could actually buy a rear end out of a wrecked manual car since they came with 3.42's for around $250-300 and still get a nice performance boost if you want things to be a little easier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Now it's settled.
I'm gonna buy the V6 Firebird with the 4.10 Rear end together with a friend for 1000 bucks, that means 500$ for each of us.

I think thats not to bad, since I'll be getting a leather interior and a 4.10 rear end, with motive gears, timken bearings, TA performance supporting cover all pretty new and aligned.
So I'm probably gonna install the leather interior into my TA as well as the rear end. And my buddy is gonna rip off the bumpers and the hatch, so it's a great deal for both.
The rest of the parts we will store together in case we'll need anything anytime.

I am really looking forward to install the rear end.
I will probably have it powder coated befor installation, but we'll see what the future brings by.

Need to watch the Broncos game now, so have a nice Sunday y'all:LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Alright, there are a few minor updates.

Trans am is apart, ready for paintjob.
I also got a leather interior in mint condition, that I will have restored by a professional to make it look like new.
Also I got a new steering wheel which looks just like new.
After the paintjob, the rear window will be tinted and I'm gonna do the oil change and AC compressor change my self. Thought of an AC delete as well but seems like a lot of work. And sometimes I like to have an AC.
I also just ordered a sequential indicator module which I am gonna install. It will look awesome.

So stay tuned, I will update again as soon as I have made new pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Finally! It's done!
Picked up my trans am on friday from the paintjob. Looks awesome, now with the US bumpers and the high rised wing!

Next thing coming up is leather interior which is currently being restored and customized. And the rear window is gonna be tinted soon. After that I'm gonna put in the modules for the sequential indicators in the back.
I'ts gonna get awesome!>:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is the newest conversion video
It shows how the TA looked, while staying with one of the previous owners, and the conversion it went through since I got it.

So here's a update as of 2k17.
I didn't drive the TA alot but I sure did some work on it. Here are some pictures of the last few weeks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Good morning everyone

It has been a very long time, since my last post.
My trans am has been parked for the most time, since 2017, but she still runs great. Just took her out last year in June and drove her until November, before I waxed her and put her back into storage.

I'm just getting into tuning, bought myself the C.A.T.S software and will be starting to tune the Trans Am at some point.

In the meantime I've had another big project, a 1993 Z28 LT1, where I rebuild the complete motor from the bottom up.
I didn't go all crazy, but sure will be making some more HP when I'm done.
Whenever I get the chance I will open up a new topic and post pictures of my work over the last 1.5 years.

It's been a nice project, I sure learned alot, met great people that helped me with informations or tools and what not.

Not completely done yet. I'm currently breaking in the engine, I'm on my first 100 miles so far, and will retune it as well.
Also I got some interior work and body work to do - Some rusty inner wheel wells, but no big deal. Since I don''t have another daily driver at the moment, my Z28 will be my daily, at least for the summer, I will just get a beater for the winter.

So have a great day everyone and hope to be able to post some nice pics very soon!

Best,
Martin

21 - 30 of 30 Posts