LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd post up the note worthy junkers I've had over the years. Well, at least the ones I have pictures of.

First my 2000 SS. just a 408, ported 799 heads, 240/244 114 cam, Fast 92/92, true duals, built up T56, Diamond stage 3 clutch, pro 5.0, MWC Fab 9" with strange axels, carrier and 3.89 gears, Strange chromoly driveshaft, Hotchkis springs, Bilstein shocks, all rear suspension pieces were adjustable. Best ET was a 7.27 et in the 1/8

Stock

Started modding

Engine self destructed and I sold it all when my wife started raising hell about it being down for so long.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The TBSS. AKA: "The Short Bus". LS2

It was stock and sucked from a roll, but hurt some feelings from a dig. Best ET was a 9.13 in the 1/8.

We traded it in for the G8 GXP. LS3and M6. Only 2 mods are ship shift eliminator, and a CAI. Need to burn the worthless RSA all seasons off of it and get some decent tires. Best ET so far was 8.76 in the 1/8

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Last but not least is the 09 CTS-V. Just a New Era CAI so far. Plans so far are to either powder coat the wheels or buy new. Need to get cut outs installed. Want to do a flush mount spoiler also. Have yet to take it to the track.

The windows are tinted now. I'll take more pics after the wheels.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya its torture. :) I call all my cars "junkers" or "turds," and the food I cook is "trash." Haven't always had nice cars though. Or didn't start out nice. I'll have to see if I have pics of my 70 Camaro and 64 Bug that I can scan.

Got a price quote of $65-85/wheel for powder coating. I wanted hyper black. They can't do it exact but say they have colors very close.

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
I believe we have a powder coating sponssor on this board. They may have a better price and do hyper black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts