LS1LT1 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I can't help with finding you and air dam other than you should look at a salvage yard, but don't remove the thermostat. It is needed for proper coolant routing within the water pump. If you want to do anything relating to thermostat, you could put in a 160* one. Also be careful about how you wire a fan(s). A relay really needs to be used in the circuit, because the fan pulls a lot of amperage that can melt a switch/wiring and cause a fire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't help with finding you and air dam other than you should look at a salvage yard, but don't remove the thermostat. It is needed for proper coolant routing within the water pump. If you want to do anything relating to thermostat, you could put in a 160* one. Also be careful about how you wire a fan(s). A relay really needs to be used in the circuit, because the fan pulls a lot of amperage that can melt a switch/wiring and cause a fire.
Well, my 1957 Chevy Wagon with a 383 stroker built by summit racing with 580 hp, that I ran for 8 years that had a thermostat with no guts, so I don’t see why it would not work on this one, never once caught fire. Already looked at salvage yards.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts