LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in-law and I have started stripping the paint from a 66 427 Tri-Power, 4 speed Corvette that he is restoring for someone...

It's given me the itch again...

I'd love to get a mid year (fuel injected or 396/427 :eek: :bow: ), but they are so high right now...

I'm actually thinking a nice 70-72 454 or LT-1 Corvette would be excellent...

Just gotta figure out how to swing this with the wifey. Of course, I'd have to wait until next year after we are all settled in with the baby and all...

Maybe I can push the fact that finding a nice 70-72 is cheaper than buying a brand new C6... :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris 96 WS6 said:
I want a '69....but anything with the Chrome bumpers...before they went to the urethane, are beautiful. Price too, though, LOL.
Ya... of the 68-72 era, 69's are usually the most expensive...

But, in general, they are a lot cheaper than the mid-years (63-67, obviously...) unless you get into something uber-rare like a ZL-1, a ZR-1 or ZR-2, etc etc...

If I were to look for the cheapest mid-yera I could get that was decent, it'd for sure be a 64, as they have the lowest selling price... but if I got an old Vette, I'd want it to have something "special"... and that, to me, means something cool about the powertrain... fuel injection, big block, LT-1, etc...

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
LoL... My Corvette itch got scratched when my dad gifted me the c4 he had for my college graduation present, and now I am ready to be rid of it. I need to start putting up for sale ads everywhere and see what I can get out of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My brother and I went to a place in Austin Tx called Corvette Country.Its a smaller dealer who specialty are older Vettes...

Now we were there to check into a 99 Firehawk that they had for sale but man,I was walking around the little showroom and was definately stricken with an "urge" if you will... :D

I don't know too much about older Corvettes (or Vettes in general) but,those older models were just classic...beautiful lines...nicely (in my opinion) restored and a couple they claimed were survivors....Definately struck an itch but the prices were waaaay out of my league... :(

BTW,sounds like you have a pretty cool father in-law!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Chris89GTA said:
LoL... My Corvette itch got scratched when my dad gifted me the c4 he had for my college graduation present, and now I am ready to be rid of it. I need to start putting up for sale ads everywhere and see what I can get out of it.
I hope my dad gives me something like an LT1 C4 for my college graduation. That'd be ****in sweet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chris89GTA said:

Why chris??? whats wrong with it?? I love mine...

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Vendetta said:
I hope my dad gives me something like an LT1 C4 for my college graduation. That'd be ****in sweet.
Oh its definately not a LT1 car... lol

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Kenwood said:
Why chris??? whats wrong with it?? I love mine...
I like it don't get me wrong. I just get sick of having two cars that need almost constant attention. The TA b/c of the racing, and need for speed, and the Vette b/c its 20 years old now, and things are just falling apart. Seals don't work and I swim to work every time it rains...

·
Registered
612 Posts
id love to have a 60s or early 70s vette with a LSx/T56 powertrain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts