LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at a lose for words my 1995 camaro z28 lt1 Manuel 6 speed will crank but won’t start !!! I jump 12 v at my fuel pump relay to fuel pump and it comes on but when I turn the key on I don’t get the signal from the pcm to the fuel pump to prime nor do my injectors pulse while cranking over ???

·
Global Moderator
13,110 Posts
Have you put an obd 1 scanner on car and checked for codes? There are codes that don't light the cel but keep injectors from opening. Dtc 41 & 42, both icm codes disable injectors Dtc 16 disables injectors & fuel pump.

Does your security light come on when key turned to on position? Then go out after a few seconds? This is normal. If security light stays on injectors are disabled.

Also, have you checked to see if you have spark? Easy way to see if you have spark would be to have an assistant spray starting fluid into intake while you crank engine.

Coil or distributor not getting power when key turned on will keep key on prime from happening, as well as no spark or injector opening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m at a lose for words my 1995 camaro z28 lt1 Manuel 6 speed will crank but won’t start !!! I jump 12 v at my fuel pump relay to fuel pump and it comes on but when I turn the key on I don’t get the signal from the pcm to the fuel pump to prime nor do my injectors pulse while cranking over ???
I've found that if you don't have spark or injector pulse that the optispark is to blame. When was the last time you had it open? Or changed the cap and rotor for that matter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts