LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok back story... car sits about half the year, have been doing this for over 5 years now without incident. end of last season my battery died, so i changed it. beginning of this season my fresh battery was dead and wouldnt take a charge. now that i have the new battery my check engine light is on, with random codes. tps, o2 sensors, coolant temp, and at least 2 more i cant remember. all the sensors read right, and the tps and o2s are only a year old. after i clear them, theyll come back. not all, and not always the same ones together. what should i do. my assumption is either electrical or ecu went. any incite would be appreciated

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Pcm in these cars are rugged and reliable, but if you happen to have a known good spare, swap it in real quick and see if it fixes the problem.

But it's probably not going to. So time to get out the old wiring diagrams, trouble shooting charts, pcm symptoms chart, etc and get to it.

Don't have this stuff you say. Go to 4th gen section and open thread titled " GM service manuals". Download the 2000 manual. It will have all those things and more. Be patient looking through the several volumes for these things. It can get frustrating looking though all those pages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts