LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had issues with the motor mounts lining up correctly? I have been trying everything I know to get the motor mounts to line up. If I get the drivers side lined up the passenger side is to high and will not sit down another 1/2 " or so and vice versa. The only thing I can think of is if one of the mounts is in backwards, I believe the tabs are correct. I replaced them when I had the motor out of the car a few months ago and threw the directions out.

Driver Side.jpg

View attachment 7218

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I cant tell from the pics but ensure the pass side is installed on the correct mounting holes. It sets back on the rear mount holes. The driver side is pretty much error proof. Let me know if this helps or if you have more issues. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Also, stick a big screwdriver in the drivers side to move it where you need it. I had to jump on my engine as a last resort and it worked perfectly. I also had to insert the bolt from the back at first then from the front.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, stick a big screwdriver in the drivers side to move it where you need it. I had to jump on my engine as a last resort and it worked perfectly. I also had to insert the bolt from the back at first then from the front.
That is where I am now. The rear tab on the driver side is perfect, if i use the bolt to align it I think it will be all good. Ran out of energy today, until next weekend. Thanks for your suggestions!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
No worries man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts