LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im having an issue trying to install LT's on my 94 firebird. the driverside is bolted in with no issues meanwhile on the pasenger side i cant seem to get the headers bolted in without the motor mount blocking the headers from being able to touch the heads. ive tried with the engine jacked up and with is back in the engine bay. i know some people replace the motor mounts but im not sure if thats going to make a difference as the part touching the header is the upper clamshell. any ideas?

·
Global Moderator
13,559 Posts
This problem is a common one with long tubes on a lt1 engine. The only real fix I know of is to spend $1000 + on a set of kooks headers. You didn't, by chance, buy a set of Ebay China maid stainless steel headers? They are known to be a poor fit.

For everyone else, the BFH method is what you have. So start beating & banging until you get the clearance you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This problem is a common one with long tubes on a lt1 engine. The only real fix I know of is to spend $1000 + on a set of kooks headers. You didn't, by chance, buy a set of Ebay China maid stainless steel headers? They are known to be a poor fit.

For everyone else, the BFH method is what you have. So start beating & banging until you get the clearance you need.
sadly yes they are from ebay. Ive seen a couple people with the same set and no problems but thats the risk you take when you go cheap. So i guess i will be hammering and grinding. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts