LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a LS6 into my 1975 Firebird Formula. How do I measure the engine off the frame so I get it in the dead center? Is there a good way to measure off of any specific point? Not worried about front to back. I got that down. Just left to right. Thanks for all your input.

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If it were me, I'd take measurement of K-member, firewall, & radiator support. Like in construction, I'd pop a caulk line or paint marks where center of those pieces are. And use the marks to center engine.

Since I imagine ls6 has completely different motor mounts than stock firebird motor, you'll have to use center line you marked & center line of motor to figure out where to drill the new holes in K-member for mounts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

If it were me, I'd take measurement of K-member, firewall, & radiator support. Like in construction, I'd pop a caulk line or paint marks where center of those pieces are. And use the marks to center engine.

Since I imagine ls6 has completely different motor mounts than stock firebird motor, you'll have to use center line you marked & center line of motor to figure out where to drill the new holes in K-member for mounts.
Thanks Cocobolo95. That's more or less where I was going. The construction idea is what I was also thinking. Just needed some confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts