LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright guys and gals, I emailed CIR to get an idea on group rates for an outing for us to go karting on a sunday next month. Here's what they sent me back:

Looks like it would probably be a good idea to do the + $5.75 add for the pre fixed group menu and game room credits along with + $5 PP for the consolation race after the grand prix for the slower members of our party. ;) I thought that the food would be more expensive than that. :D With taxes and shit, this should come out to be about $100 per person, and that is well worth it for a lot of racing time and food.

Anyway for those of you that haven't been there, it's a kickass time. Check out www.chicagoindoorracing.com to get a better idea what we're getting into. Click on the links "A lap of track 1" and "A lap of track 2" to see what this place is like. The cars haul ass.

For me, this has to happen on a sunday, and CIR needs at least 30 days advance notice. How does the last sunday in September sound guys?

Post up people and lets make this shit happen!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
ouch, but thats next month...im gonna say count me in

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if its gonna be any other day let me know ahead of time and ill try to get the day off

ive been trying to get people to hit the go-karts but no one wants to go

·
Registered
65 Posts
haha never done that myself, but theres a first for everything, and at least this way i stand a more even chance in a race, than my ta vs your camaro ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, I'm sure your TA is pretty damn fast for itself. We will just have to see on the kart track... My lap times were in the 90th percentile for track one the first time I went with john_matrix. ;)

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I'd be down for the 11th. The 25th is my b-day and I'll be driving back from Indy. But I'd do any Sunday except the 25th.

Can we bring our own helmets?

I did something like this up in Montreal. To this day (4 years later) I still hold the #3 lap time and #4 overall. I was #1 for a bit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes we can use our own stuff. :party:

Because of the 30 day lead time, I'd most likely try and schedule it for the first sunday in october to avoid scheduling conflicts and give people the opportunity mark the day on their calendars.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
gettinthere said:
I'd be down for the 11th. The 25th is my b-day and I'll be driving back from Indy. But I'd do any Sunday except the 25th.
after reading this i just realized i looked at the wrong days on the calender, 10 and 24 are Sat. so yea, if its got to be a sun, the 11 or 25 works

·
Registered
65 Posts
i am curious what are the requirements to get behind the wheel of those go karts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats what i thought, jsut wanted to make sure there was no "gokart" training crap

·
Registered
65 Posts
john_matrix said:
i think I would rather spend $100 on mods.
this is because your car requires all the mods you can afford to gain the power we come with ;)

hehe, and besides, what kinda mods can you get for a single bill anyway?, a spark plug wire or two? :p hehe

1 - 20 of 58 Posts