LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
plan on going ahead and buying CAI and replaceing my Ebay one
while doing that im going to do Headers and Y Pipe.
Looking at Pacesetter Long tube and MidLenght

and what is really the difference in the 2 LT and Mid, LT seem (from what i can gather from online) is for the most out of the top end,

my over all game plan for the car is:
3.73 gears
LE stage 1 heads and cam
-212/222 .563/.562 114 LSA. – Idle-5800 RPM (is where im leaning)
-226/232 .578/.574 110 LSA. – 1900-6200 RPM(possibliity)
im not trying to build a track car, i don't want to rev the engine to the moon.

I did that with my mustang and i didn't enjoy driving it on the streets anymore although i know this is a completely difference thing with almost a extra 50ci

found answer for the tune section of the question

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would say either header would satisfy you. I would lean towards the mid tube as you say that you do not want to rev it to the moon. I have as&m mid length headers and a cam similar to what you are looking at and I am happy with my combo. I tried to make the most of the advantage our motors have, meaning that they have better low end torque and with reverse cooling you can run as much compression as you can tolerate.

hth
andy schuck

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll be going with the 226/232 cam when I start my build any day now. I was actually considering Lloyd's bigger 231/239 but I don't want to rev it to 6500-6600. I think 6200 is a very reasonable rpm to rev too on the stock bottom end

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
you're backwards. longer headers = more torque down low.

but why does everyone building race lt1s run longtubes? dont they want more high end?

on a low revving SBC, mids or shorties generally create optimal power way past the point where you can safely rev these cars

like traditional shorty headers will move some torque probably well above 8000rpm where you'll never see the effect

so yeah, longtubes for more low end torque. not mids

that said i run mids and they still haul

·
Global Moderator
13,580 Posts
Was about to say the same thing. I used to run shorty headers on my Fiat X1/9. They were a perfect match as it made peak horse power at about 10,000 rpm and peak torque at about 8,000

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're backwards. longer headers = more torque down low.

but why does everyone building race lt1s run longtubes? dont they want more high end?

on a low revving SBC, mids or shorties generally create optimal power way past the point where you can safely rev these cars

like traditional shorty headers will move some torque probably well above 8000rpm where you'll never see the effect

so yeah, longtubes for more low end torque. not mids

that said i run mids and they still haul
sweet thanks for clearing that up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts