·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is your car stick or auto?

Care to share a bit about your setup?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris, it's a 94 Vette convertable with a DRM LT1 383 Stroker, Auto tranny, Dana 44 rear end with 3:45 gear, DRM coil over suspension, DRM 5 point roll bar, Corsa cat back with factory cat converters. At the track I run Weld drag lite wheels with 15x10 inch M/T slicks on the back and Moroso DS2's on drag lite 15x3.5's in the front. The chassis dyno numbers are 374 RWHP and 382 RWTQ. There's a few other odds and ends, but that's the main stuff.

The car was originally set up for road racing, but I really have a blast drag racing it. I finished 10th in points in my class last year at Rock Falls Dragway, and I'm shooting for a top 5 this year.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Care to share your cam specs? I have an idea of ballpark specs given the power level on a 383.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Care to share your cam specs?? I have an idea of ballpark specs given the power level on a 383.
I honestly don't know what the cam grind is. DRM doesn't give out that information, they just list it as "DRM Custom Grind" on the engine build sheet. It's got to be pretty mild though, the engine just has a minor lope to it at idle and the HP starts falling off around 5900 RPM.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marlin in Minn said:
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Care to share your cam specs? I have an idea of ballpark specs given the power level on a 383.
I honestly don't know what the cam grind is. DRM doesn't give out that information, they just list it as "DRM Custom Grind" on the engine build sheet. It's got to be pretty mild though, the engine just has a minor lope to it at idle and the HP starts falling off around 5900 RPM.
Yeah, you're only making about 20 more hp than me with 33 more cubes. I figure its something in the 220 range on intake duration. Probably low lift for spring life on road courses.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CamTom12 said:
"Hello, my name is Chris R and I'm ready to play the I've got a bigger [blank] game"

I was not trying to one-up him, LOL. My bumpstick is probably a tad larger, yes. I was just suprised at the power level, it is kinda low for a 383, but the fact the motor was built for road racing explains everything. You sacrifice peak HP for mid-range power and you give up aggressive lobes and gobs of lift to get valvetrain durability.

j/k, hahahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts