LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! :)

I've tried searching through the forums, but I've really had no luck in finding the schematic with part numbers for the main drive belt for the LS1. To be exact, it's a 1998 Firebird and I'd be really appreciative if someone could provide me with a picture and the part numbers for all of the parts of the serpentine.. I think I have a squeaky tensioner and it's driving me insane so help, I beg of you :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, but (un?)fortunately I live in Croatia and own the only '98 bird that's in the country.. Not to mention that a parts store is nowhere to be found, so I'm pretty much left to my own devices and eBay, and would really appreciate it if someone could provide me with some parts numbers :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe these are the belt numbers. 3 different brands and 2 sizes. I believe the sizes are for with A/C and without.

ACD ACDELCO PROFESSIONAL Cover 2 Cover STANDARD - A/C
Serpentine Belt
ACD 4K410 SERPENTINE BELT
Cover 2 Cover STANDARD - ACCESSORY DRIVE
Serpentine Belt
ACD 6K790 SERPENTINE BELT
BAN BANDO USA Cover 2 Cover RIB ACE PRECISION ENGINEERED V-RIBBED BELT - CMPR - INCH NUMBER 410K4
FORMULA
TRANS AM - V8-350CID 5.7L ENG
Serpentine Belt
BAN 4PK1040 SERPENTINE BELT
Cover 2 Cover

RIB ACE PRECISION ENGINEERED V-RIBBED BELT - ALT, WP AND P/S - INCH NUMBER
790K6
FORMULA
TRANS AM - V8-350CID 5.7L ENG
Serpentine Belt
BAN 6PK2005 SERPENTINE BELT
CRP CRP/CONTITECH Cover 2 Cover
A/C
Serpentine Belt
CRP PK040410 SERPENTINE BELT

ACCESSORY DRIVE
Serpentine Belt
CRP PK060790 SERPENTINE BELT

·
Global Moderator
13,114 Posts
I tried to upload the page from 4th gen parts book. Unfortunately the extremely restrictive file size limits this forum imposes, prevented me from doing so.

Here's the tensioner part number from GM parts book. 12660344 There is also an belt idler. It's # is 12564401

Same tensioner is used from 98-02. Idler is 98-99. Newer cars use different part #'s.

If you'll go to the following link. Then scroll down to bottom of page, you'll find the 1993-2002 firebird parts book.
www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts