·
Registered
3 Posts
money sent

just sent you some money dave! looking forward to the arrival

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought my Formula a few weeks ago and while cleaning the interior the other day I discovered that the plastic shift boot ring was broken. I ended up looking for a replacement and my searching led me to this thread. I ordered the ring fromFarmer2's ebay store on Wednesday, and I got the ring three days later on Saturday. The ring installs in about 10 minutes and fits like a charm and feels very solid. It is definitely a good product! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Update To Product and Contact Info

Almost everyone of us with the six speed has had that stooopid plastic ring that retains the shift boot break. The replacements back in ’97 when I broke my first one were about $45. They are now over a $150.00 (www.gmpartsdirect.com sells them for $90.44). I’d replaced mine twice but it’s futile. They always seem to break again.

Enter a Fbody Hero….

There is an innovator that got tired of this and saw a need and so he stepped up. He’s created a stainless steel retaining ring that captures the boot and WON’T FREAKIN’ BREAK!! <Dave composes himself after venting aloud to GM>

Here is a small picture portrayal of the device installation…

The seller/creator ([email protected]) sells this device for $18.00 which includes shipping. I ordered mine on August 2nd at 5:44pm and it got here in today’s mail at the Post office.

It arrives…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot01.JPG

Opened the box…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot02.JPG

Better look at the device …
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot03.JPG

The device, the bezel, and my nasty azz boot with gorilla glue residue left over from an unsuccessful attempt at gluing the dang thing into the bezel.
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot04.JPG

The instructions tell you to insert the front first…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot05.JPG

Then the sides…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot06.JPG

and then the rear …
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot07.JPG

Now insert the hooks in the front of the factory boot slits first …
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot08.JPG

Then, using a razor, cut more slits if necessary (I needed two in the back, you may need them on the side) for the hooks to slide thru…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot09.JPG

This is the underside of the boot when in place…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot10.JPG

Side view of the finished installation …
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot11.JPG

Opposite side view, revealing hideous gorilla glue residue (Yes, I’m going to buy another boot, lol…)
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot12.JPG

Front side fitment…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot13.JPG

Backside…
www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/Shiftboot14.JPG

Total time to install, about 15minutes.

David K. Wilson
Hi Guys, I still make and sell these but at my eBay store now. Since 2005 the price had to go up and they are now $27.21 for 93' - 02' F-Body and $37.21 for the C5 Vette's. All include free shipping within the USA. And yes they are still 100% galvanized spring steel with a life time warranty. Tell me who offers that these days!
New email to contact me is [email protected]

Have a good one, Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Guys, I still make and sell these but at my eBay store now. Since 2005 the price had to go up and they are now $27.21 for 93' - 02' F-Body and $37.21 for the C5 Vette's. All include free shipping within the USA. And yes they are still 100% galvanized spring steel with a life time warranty. Tell me who offers that these days!
New email to contact me is [email protected]

Have a good one, Dave
Apparently you have sold quite a few of those. Ill keep your store bookmarked for the future. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Farmer I got mine a couple weeks ago. I was super stoked. I do have a suggestion however. I am wondering if you could make these in thicker gauge steel? I expected a thicker price for the money and was kinda let down when I opened the box. But at the end of the day I was happy. I believe a thicker gauge would be better as after the install it just seemed a little flimsy. Sorry! My intention is not to be negative but hopefully suggest an improvement. Thanks for a great product.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Just a heads up folks, I still make these and sell them on my Ebay Store still.

https://www.ebay.com/str/farmertotools

Store will be on vacation until Aug 20th. Stop in and check out what I have to offer until then.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off Dave, I want to thank you for doing this great write up on my Boot Clip. You da man;)

For the ones interested in a Boot Clip. I now make them for all the 93' to 02' Camaros and Trans Ams.

Just PM me and I will send the order info to you.

Dave
Hello Dave

do you still make these ? I need one for my 97 WS6 transAm . Please let me know of you can help me out

21 - 31 of 31 Posts