LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys maybe you can help me out! I am in the middle of a car rebuild and I have the engine and tranny installed (car is still on jack stands). Its actually ready to start minus the battery. I gotta wait on funds. Anyways, while checking over everything to ensure all was good it was noticed that my M6 with brand new RAM clutch engages all gears smoothly except reverse. It will go into reverse but I have to use force to slide it over to the correct slot. This is not normal! Have any of you ran into this issue? Again brand new RAM clutch/ throw out bearing. Everything was installed properly out of the car before I slid it in. The trans went on and off several times to satisfy my OCD. All engagements are smooth even reverse except I have to use good amount of force (two hands) to move the stick over to the reverse slot. Thank you ahead of time for your help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It sounds like the reverse lockout might be unplugged or bad ? Mine is a m6 swap and they didn't wire for the lockout . Wife can't even get it to go in reverse with both hands . I can get it but not easy . So might check to see if might have overlooked that connector , might not be plugged all way in . Hope that gives you a starting point .
Don

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
If there's no battery in your car then it's a cinch the reverse lockout system is not letting you engage reverse easily.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay! Thanks you for your imputs. I was thinking along those lines but i have really no experience with the tranny besides clutches. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts