LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find no where on the internet that says what type of coil comes on what truck for the LTCC coil pack conversion. From what I have read the LS1 style coils are alot bulkier and too hard to fit on the LT1 valve covers and I'm also told the round truck coils with the metal fin heat sink will not work with the LTCC. What year vehicles should I be looking for at the junk yard, for LS2 and LS7 coils for this set up? Going the salvage yard route to try and save a few pennies. I called one local junk yard and they have the 2 needed coil wire harnesses and all 8 coils for $120. Is this a good price and will the coils work with the LTCC? The coils have part number 12558693 written on them. This is my 3rd opti that has went out in a year. I'm so ready to get rid of the opti set up. I already checked the low resistance side of the opti that reads the crank position with a multi-meter and it is reading just fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I think I found my answer. I found a few post on that coil part number and supposedly it is one of the better coils for this type of conversion. Guess I'll go pick them up Wendsday.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone has done this setup, is there any problems with welding bolts directly to the vavle covers and bolting each coil to those bolts with some rubber washers?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I emailed Bailey and he told me these coils work fine and that bolting the coils to the valve covers (even without rubber insulators of some type) was fine due to the coils "hard mounting structure".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts