LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The LT4 "kit" isn't cost effective. You can piece your own kit together and make more power with ported LT1 heads and a better cam.

Now, if you were to get the LT4's ported, katie bar the door! BUt I still think it could be done cheaper than the "kit"

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah i no its crap but im trying to prove a point i just need some ACTUAL numbers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
"The LT4 was a special high-performance version of the new-generation LT1. It was introduced in the 1996 model year, for the last year of the C4 Corvette. The engine was passed down to special versions of the Camaro and Firebird the next model year. With the addition of new higher-lift cam and port-matched intake runners, it produced 330 hp (246 kW) and 340 ft.lbf. (461 Nm) of torque. The LT4 was almost identical(in terms of power) to the all-aluminum LS1 of the C5 Corvette." GOT THIS INFO FROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah keep in mind im a moderator of lt1 forum if i didnt no all of that i wouldnt be. Im not asking for specs or rated hp i no all that ive seen all that ive worked with that. I was asking for dyno numbers.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I know it wasn't his Q but he's been asking so many setup questions lately I thougth I was cutting to the point.

My bad!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Dang, Chris is hurtin'! Hey, you gonna be at Paul's tonight?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
1970judge said:
I dont ask setup questions lol thats enthusiast and that new kid.
HEY HEY HEY :mad: ... Yah, your right :thumbsup: I do ask a lot of setup questions. I just like to have a lot of opions. And sometimes it makes for good topics.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
CamTom12 said:
Dang, Chris is hurtin'! Hey, you gonna be at Paul's tonight?
Prolly not. You going to be there? (Probably already there aren't you?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts