LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i kno everyone has their personal opppinion on this subject cause it basically all boils down to looks. the performance would be almost identical with a little weight differnce between the 3. the t/a just has a few little things that the formula dont have and then the camaro is just a really sleek kind of boring looking car. i dont like the foglights on the front of the t/a, they make them look kinda non sleek, these cars flow so nice and have amazing body lines but with those fog lights and the bigger wing on back i think it ruins them. the formula is a lot sleeker because of no big fog lights and the wing on the back is much more stylish and makes the whole car look like a sleeper.,, anyone else have their oppinion on these cars???

·
Registered
159 Posts
yea the fog lights on my 95 z28 dont exactly help the looks

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I don't particularly like the LT1 formula nose...and the fact they are indistinguishable from V6 cars.

Sleepers do nothing for me. I don't run around street racing, so I want the car to look fast not just be fast.

A formy with some kind of hood and a big set of wheels/tires looks great though, as does a formy with the TA wing and a set of wheels.

·
loves this site
469 Posts
my 95 formula was ordered by the original owner WITH the t/a front end with the fog lights but it still has the low profile formula spoiler...i think its uniqe and looks great. when i get back home and actually get to drive the damn thing for the first time ill take pics and post them to show u how it looks. i bought the car from my best friend while over here in iraq. havent even driven it yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess I like the simple look of my Z28. I removed my fog lights, lowered it, and put 17" wheel with a polished lip and black center, tinted the windows (20%), added a 96-97 SS spoiler, and blacked out the turn signals on the front. It looks alot better than the pontiacs IMO, but to each their own. If we all liked the same thing this would be a boring world, so here's to variety :cheers:

·
Registered
462 Posts
i like all three but have a 95 formula so im going with that

·
Registered
7 Posts
What body style is best.

My vote goes to the Formula - best looking of the bunch in my mind. In the end there can be no correct answer to this as everyone has there own opinion of what works best for them. Doesn't matter what I like. What makes you happy is what counts.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
I like them all, just like the T/A more. I just don't know why they put that flat spoiler on them - I wanna wing, dammit!!! It's all good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't particularly like the LT1 formula nose...and the fact they are indistinguishable from V6 cars.

Sleepers do nothing for me. I don't run around street racing, so I want the car to look fast not just be fast.

A formy with some kind of hood and a big set of wheels/tires looks great though, as does a formy with the TA wing and a set of wheels.

Chris, I will second that!

When I bought my LT1 T/A the dealer also had a formula same year little less money, their just to plain. The 93-97 formula's are the ugly ducklings of the 4th gen body style.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i have foggers on my 95 Z and i looove that car from the front. BADASS i love to ride with the fogs on and parking lights

·
Registered
534 Posts
I thought about taking the fogs off the front of my camaro.. any pics of what it looks like?

·
Registered
554 Posts
why everyone is disliking the front foggers, the front of a black camaro with clear corners and fogger with parking lights on at night is the best thing ever

G

·
TA x whatever number its up to.

High rise spoiler... front end with the fog lights. lets face facts people... The TA's were the luxuriory car of the F-bodys. Formula and Z28's were the race cars...especially the formula. V6 body with a LT1 :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
How did everybody get a hi-rise spoiler but me? :candlesad
Anyone wanna part with one? :devil:

G

·
If i ever decide to part with my one of my red project car because the damn thing is to heavy, you'll be the first to know :cool: they really are too heavy..and i know where a nice formula hatch is sitting at right as we type :devil: But...it distinguishes the formula's from the TA's IMO... gotta have it !!! :blah:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your not alone, my 96 T/A doesn’t have one either I have the flat, ugly, shapeless firebird spoiler . For the time being……

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
I tried checking out the aftermarket for one, didn't see anything appealing.
Anyone know of an OEM type hi-rise spoiler for gen 4 T/A?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts