LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this board, getting ready to do my first LT1 swap into my 92 z28 vert. Will post pics soon as engine is out of my car and new LT1 donor is in shop now. Getting performance work done right now! :LS1LT1flag:

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum www.lt1swap.com specializes in putting lt1 engines into other cars. Give them a try

Also try shbox.com his site has a wealth of lt1 info. Also search the forum as several members have swapped lt1 engines into their 3rd gens.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good luck with the swap. Keep us posted with some pictures!

·
Registered
1 Posts
LT1 and LS1 Big Headers

Folks,
I have been navigating the internet for a solution to a problem I thought was unique to my situation. I purchased a set of Kooks Headers for my 94 LT1 Camaro and once installed I found I could not re-install the steering shaft with out banging up my $1600.00 stainless headers. I found an outfit out of Minnesota called Race Craft (507)-403-4104, they specialize in 3rd and 4th Gen Camaros and Mustangs for Drag racing. I spoke to Matt on their tech line and he put together the kit I needed. Given the fact that my local dealer wanted 369.00 for the stock LSI steering shaft (which is what everyone on the internet recommended) and I still had to grind, modify and bang on the header pipes; I found the $350.83 in line with what I needed. I have attached some pictures I took of the shaft assembled and connected on my car. As you will see I have about 1/4 inch of space between the pipe and the new steering shaft and it works like a charm, Thanks to Mat and the team at Race Craft.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts