LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanna swap out the lt1 on my 95z28. Here's my questions: I'm looking at 2 lt1's. One is a 93 out of camaro and the other is a lower mileage iron headed lt1 out of a 94 impala. Which would be the better choice ? But also which would require less swapping of parts ? My camaro is a 6speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to swap as least as possible. I read in previous threads that there would be minor pcm and intake manifold issues. Kinda just wanted to "plug&play" but haven't found much for 95 lt1's near my area.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
i'd say the '93 would work alright with your '95 electronics, pcm and all, and have a maf based system, without much work

you'd have to move the oil pressure sender to the back of your intake, or rewire and use the old one.

you'd have a non-vented opti unless you swapped your '95 cam. getting an msd or swapping cam/timing cover would give your vents back.

there's one connector on your throttle body (forget which) that wont match your old harness. you can always just keep your old throttle body if you wanted

i think that's about it, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
in the same token a 96-97 (if you can find one) would be a really easy swap too, as a longblock, if you keep your old electronics, ignore the crank sensor.. and keep your old knock sensor, you're pretty much good..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered if 96/97 would work better. Would those years bolt right up to my 6 speed without modification? I plan to use my own pcm

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
i'd say the '93 would work alright with your '95 electronics, pcm and all, and have a maf based system, without much work

you'd have to move the oil pressure sender to the back of your intake, or rewire and use the old one.

you'd have a non-vented opti unless you swapped your '95 cam. getting an msd or swapping cam/timing cover would give your vents back.

there's one connector on your throttle body (forget which) that wont match your old harness. you can always just keep your old throttle body if you wanted

i think that's about it, isn't it?
Different intake manifold and throttle body, too.

A 96-97 would be more compatible.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay thanks. If any one comes across a 95-97 lt1 around or south of the Chicago area, let me know or pm me

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Hey guys, I wanna swap out the lt1 on my 95z28. Here's my questions: I'm looking at 2 lt1's. One is a 93 out of camaro and the other is a lower mileage iron headed lt1 out of a 94 impala. Which would be the better choice ? But also which would require less swapping of parts ? My camaro is a 6speed. Thanks.
Are you gonna rebuild whatever used engine that you buy? I would.....but that's just me.

Get the Impala engine.....since it's low mileage and is the same block as what's in your Z28.

Rebuild and use your current aluminum heads.

Stick in a mild performance cam.....or keep the B-body cam if you're afraid of a cam swap in a used engine.

Install the engine & use all the accessories from your Camaro.

Too easy ;) !

KW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts