LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New to this site and the LT1. Just bought a 95 Z28 last night but it needs a new motor. Perfect chance to put some real power in it. I want to put in a 383 stroker, but just from reading some of the threads, there can be a lot of complications. I have zero laptop tuning abilities. And this isn't a full on, unlimited budget build either. I'm doing all work myself, so I need this to go as smoothly as possible. If it's more hassle than it's worth, I may just stick with a stock engine. Any suggestions, tips? I have years of experience with sbc and bbc, but I have never turned a wrench on an LT1. Thanks everyone.
 

·
Global Moderator
Joined
·
13,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you have experience in the sbc & bbc, you should be able to adapt to the lt1 easily. For your info intake, start in the 4th gen section sticky threads and download the 4th gen parts books.

Then continue in the regular 4th gen threads and look for thread titled "GM servive manuals" You can download the factory 94 service manual which shares 98% of it's info with your 95. For the other 2% go to shbox.com his site specializes in lt1 info with 95 as the target year.

For tuning info start in sticky threads of pcm section. Then go to LT1 PCM Tuning - Welcome! site has good tuning info. Also Google pcm tuning. Lots of good info on web.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top