LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kit includes stock LT1 type pistons, rings, rod bearings, main bearings, cam bearings, freeze plugs, oil pump, timing set, and a gasket set. Just let us know the size on the pistons, rings and bearings and we will get it together for you.

Only $450!

Oh yeah FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 states on this kit!!!!

Cams and lifters are available as well.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Hypereutectic pistons? Is there an option for upgrading to forged slugs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question Chris.

These are hypereutectic pistons.

I can upgrade to a set of forged Mahle pistons and rings (GM used Mahle pistons from the factory on LT1's) for a total of $750. These Mahle forged pistons have their proprietary Grafal coating which is a phosphorous based coating to help protect and lubricate the ring grooves and the rest of the piston. Additionally the skirts have a teflon based coating as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This kit includes stock LT1 type pistons, rings, rod bearings, main bearings, cam bearings, freeze plugs, oil pump, timing set, and a gasket set. Just let us know the size on the pistons, rings and bearings and we will get it together for you.

Only $450!

Oh yeah FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 states on this kit!!!!

Cams and lifters are available as well.
interested in this kit...i am about to take the engine out of my 97 camaro because i am losing oil pressure and there is a slight ticking engine noise. The engine has 140000 miles and i figure it is time to take it out and do a quick rebuild. Are all these parts brand new? Can a high output oil pump be substituted? let me know. thanks

paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts