LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my camaro started to sputter occasionally when i first start to drive it. and when i go at WOT it falls on its a** when it gets to 3000 rpms and loses power and doesnt want to climb the rpms like it should. ive replaced plugs and wires as well as fuel filter but it still does the same thing. i would really appreciate some help. thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it threw a mass air flow and injector circuit problem. ive checked the mass air flow and it looks great. as far as injector circuit problem goes how would i go about fixing or finding the problem? as far as fuel pressure its fine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i changed the coil out today. apparently it was burned to hell it was pitch white. so i replaced it and runs better but the wire that is going to the coil is in such bad shape.(like rusted away practically. one of the worst wires ive seen but i dont have any $ to replace it right now. so i guess ill drive it how it is for now.lol thanks for the suggestions steve.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you find that the car stuttered and missed more when it was cold then after it had warmed up? My car will run good (no backfiring or misses) once warm, however when cold started it will miss when the throttle is opened up, even hesitates at initial throttle opening.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was thinking because this only happens at cold start up, the car is in closed loop at this time, meaning that the O2s are not being referenced. Once the car warms up then the 02s are being used, at that time the car runs (seemingly) fine.

Is this not the case?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya it happened mostly on cold start up. sputter when trying to take off in gear then once i was in WOT the car would fall on its a**. as far as it only doing it when its cold and not when its warm will most likely rule out the coil for you. but u never know lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts