LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

NEWBEE here! I couldn't find anything from searching so, can anybody tell me where to find a good rebuild kit for an LT1?

Thanks

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I don't know of anyone that offers a rebuild "kit" like what you can buy for a regular small block. Summit might have something, but I'm not certain.

Some of our sponsors like VRE and RPM could probably put something together for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Summit does offer a rebuild kit for the LT1. Forged pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, etc. No cam, no rods, no crank though, unless you go with their 383 rebuild kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
LWillmann said:
Summit does offer a rebuild kit for the LT1. Forged pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, etc. No cam, no rods, no crank though, unless you go with their 383 rebuild kit.
I used these kits several times. I always upgrade to coated forged pistons, cromoly rings and clevlite bearings. It's a good kit for the money. Everything else is all on personal preference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
summit is the cheapest I found $540 part # is FEM-CSMHP766-300 If u find cheaper let me know. forged pistons, high vol. oil pump etc.

·
Registered
554 Posts
i'm interisted also in a rebuilt kit, but what's it's main advantage, does it really help.. and another question,, how much hours are needed to install??

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts