LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m desperate now…
1994 LT1 (roadmaster) in 65 C10.
Connected to PC, only transmission temp error.
White spark, fuel pressure 40, again, no error codes.
EVERY sensor has been replaced.
Summit opti.
Smell gas at exhaust, spark plugs smell of gas too.
Won’t start or even sputter.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Summit Opti spark very well may be your issue. For the most part, aftermarket optis are garbage.

Delco, Delphi, or Genuine GM are the only ones that are consistent enough to work well, and last.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My son has swapped the opti five times, between brands, it’s hard to believe all of them would be bad
Don't jump to conclusions. You said it smells like gas, so you have fuel. You said white spark. Where and when? Is the spark at the right time? Cylinder 1 and 6 fire at the same place on the timing mark, did you check that the spark is at the right time? Are you checking at the plug or coil? LT1 distributor caps are a tad weird. be sure the firing order is correct. If your engine has fuel and spark at the right time it should do something, might not run if it's flooded or very lean but it should give some indication of wanting to start. This is a great place for information. http://shbox.com/1/engine_specs.jpg

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since you did a engine transplant, did you bypass VAT or have it tuned out of the computer? If not, it will keep the injectors from firing. If you have a noid light, check for a signal at each injector connector. The smell of fuel in a cylinder could just be a leaky injector although they are not firing properly. I recommend two things, check for injector signal and renew injector the set if not previously renewed. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m desperate now…
1994 LT1 (roadmaster) in 65 C10.
Connected to PC, only transmission temp error.
White spark, fuel pressure 40, again, no error codes.
EVERY sensor has been replaced.
Summit opti.
Smell gas at exhaust, spark plugs smell of gas too.
Won’t start or even sputter.
Any ideas?
Check your plug wire routing, injector routing and cylinder compression. You did not state if you made any mods to the motor and the last time it ran.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts