LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 LT1 out of a Roadmaster in my 81 El Camino. The engine runs strong when first driven, however, after sitting 4 hours while I'm golfing, I start it up and within a few miles it will start to miss like it's running out of fuel, or is running on 4 cylinders. It only does that for a couple of minutes and then it runs fine again. I replaced the temperature sensor for the computer, but that didn't change anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes, has this problem been going on for a while?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, It does it every time I go golfing. I can run around and do errands starting and stopping several times without any problem. It just does it when it sits for 4 to 4 1/2 hours??? That's why I thought it was the temperature sender.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still misses for a couple of minutes after sitting for several hours

Still does it! I can drive it around town, stop and go, all day without a problem. But if I drive somewhere and let it sit for 4-6 hours, when I start it up and drive away, within a mile it will start running like it's on 4 cylinders for about 2 minutes, and then starts running normal. I've replaced the ECM temperature sensor. Shielded the fuel filter and fuel lines. Checked the coil, wires, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, problem solved!

I just realized I never closed this out when I found the problem quite awhile ago. It was the Oxygen sensors. I replaced those and it runs perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.