LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a basically stock LT out of a 96 Impala as that's been transplanted into a 69 Chevelle. Motor, trans, radiator, fuel tank, power brake booster. Everything was going along fine until I got new exhaust put on. I didn't think about it at the time to disconnect the batt. The car has had a miss ever since. I did a lot of troubleshooting at the time and the conclusion was there was no signal going to #6 cyl. Since then I've replaced plugs & wires, cap & rotor which was painful, got a remanufactured ecu sent it out had it programmed for my application. Installed ECU fired it up same. Got a noid light tester for the injector that checks out, replaced #6 injector. Ran an inline spark light seems like it's getting fire to there..pulled the plugs it's definitely#6 that's not firing. Any ideas. I think my next step is to pull the valve cover and plugs turn it over to make sure the valve train is moving on that cyl. I really don't know what else except maybe change the pig tail from the computer to #6 injector? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
It seems to me that you need only 3 things to make a cylinder fire. Fuel, air and spark. You have tried everything obvious so now you have to prove that you are getting the 3 things into the cylinder. You can remove the plug and connect it to the plug wire and look for spark but I'm not sure how to prove that fuel is getting into the cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts