LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a couple questions for you. I have ran A BUNCH of nitrous setups before on my mustang, but have always used forged pistons since they came factory with them. I recently had my 306 screwed together, and opted to go with the ultralight keith black pistons since the car is a daily driver and i didnt want anything too extreme. At any rate, when i bolted the engine together I clearanced the rings for nitrous If i ever wanted to squeeze on it... and im starting to get the urge. I wont run anything over a 150 shot, as I havent ever had a problem with that small of a shot in the past. I also know that hypers WILL hold together, but you dont get a second chance if you goof up the tune. Forged pistons melt, hypers explode. Anyhow, just wanted to hear some of your success stories to keep me going. I know alot of you LT/ LS1 guys run some insane times on juice and factory hyperutectic slugs...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been running a 150 wet shot on the stock bottom end for a little over a year now, absolutely no problems (except for the complete lack of traction). There are quite a few guys on Ls1tech running 200 on teh stock bottom end with no problems too. Like you said, it's all in the tune.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
really 150 on stock bottom end, i was thinking about nitrous but i figured id better build up the bottom end before i spray it

dont plan on buy a kit any time soon, no cash, but thats good to know

learn somthing new everyday

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been running NOS 100 dry for 5 years on the stock bottom end and no problems here

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was running a 125 dry shot for about a year and a half on stock bottom end, and when I had my motor built the shop that did it said all the internals look great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LiquidFire350 said:
really 150 on stock bottom end, i was thinking about nitrous but i figured id better build up the bottom end before i spray it

dont plan on buy a kit any time soon, no cash, but thats good to know

learn somthing new everyday
150 is considered the highest safe level on stock internals, but you will need fuel upgrades (just a pump will do if it's a wet shot) and of course, a good tune. One thing is for sure though, these motors LOOOOVE nitrous :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts