LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this post on LS1tech and really liked it, so I figured I'd bring it over here. What are your guys likes and dislikes of your LT1 F-Body.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
-cheap availability of internal parts thanks to common architecture with the classic small block chevy.

Dislikes:
-optispark
-common problem of getting the intake manifold to seal

I dunno, the LS1 brought so many things that put other motors to shame its hard to find things you like about the LT1 when comparing it to the LS1.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Likes-resemblance to a traditional SBC. Cheap to build an lt1 motor.
Dislikes-opti

I only hate one thing the opti. If it had coil on cyl or something, or hell if it friggin had points id love it more than an opti.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would have to say that I dislike the optispark

·
Registered
330 Posts
Likes: Abundance of TQ down low; Availability of mods; Bang for buck; Stigma that the LT1 has gotten for being slow.

Dislikes; Opti (not the opti itself, but the manner in which GM executed the implementation I.E. mounted it immediately below the water pump); Amount of money it takes to REALLY make power (talking upper end of 400's here); Stigma that the LT1 has gotten for being slow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can't really say I have found anything I dislike about it yet, but I just got mine in February and have had it from 88k to 104k miles and have loved it after owning a v6 firebird for 3 years...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Opti junk. spark plug access.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The way I look at it, yeah the LS1 should be faster and does have more power...but the bottom line is if half the people don't know how to drive 'em, then I don't mind having the 'slower' LT1. I have blown the doors off of a few LS1s without the spray.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts