LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get a good aftermarket intake manifold for an LT1?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Yeah there are no aftermarket LT1 intakes. BTW this is in the wrong forum. MOving to LT1 tech

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well, let's not count out the Hogans sheet metal manifold, if you want to pony up the $3.5K for it.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Race Prep has a custom intake on their website too...no price listed. Then I think Brett Bauer has done a prototpye one too but its >$1500.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brett bauer from bauers racing engines?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thats just right down the street from me

·
Registered
656 Posts
You can convert an old school chevy intake to fit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have one, but how hard it that going to be? its off of a sbc that was in a 1957 chevy pro street car.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've never done it personally but I've researched it. This is some of the stuff you'll have to do: drill the two center holes on either side to match the intake bolt pattern on the LT1 heads, block off the distributor hole, block off the water neck hole (just for looks), drill holes then weld injector bungs in the runners and fab something to mount fuel rails to it, fab up a cold air induction that includes putting the TB inline somewhere and get all yer sensors in place. Might be some more stuff too.

Most of the ones I've seen done were Vic Jr intakes. Personally I wouldn't bother with it unless yer making major horses, from what I hear the LT1 intake isn't much of a restriction til you get on up there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We modified one to expand the plenum and are looking for someone to run a dyno test on their car. With no other changes I would like to see a stock manifold run then with this manifold. If there is sufficient increase and interest we would be willing to do a small run of these at a reasonable cost.

Ideally I would like to run it on a bone stock engine as well as a modified engine - heads, cam and/or stroker. Anyone iterested?

·
Registered
14 Posts
LT4 kit with the heads, hot cam kit, rocker is the best upgrade for your tired LT1 motor. Thats my best advice I can give you, either way if you dont live in California, or NJ you can swamp in a new 355, or 383, or 396 cubic inch small block LT1 without needing to be smog legal. You can check out the website from www.victoryracingengines.com Hopefully my advice is helpful ;-)

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
musclemac05 said:
LT4 kit with the heads, hot cam kit, rocker is the best upgrade for your tired LT1 motor.
I'm sorry but I don't agree at all. I think you can acheive better results for less money by going with ported stock LT1 heads and a cam of your choice.

Plus I'm not sure that he was even asking about upgrades, just about intakes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks chris, i was just wanting to know my posibilitys on intake manifolds, i am going to do ported heads and and a big cam. should i think about a new manifold or should i keep the stock one?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I would stick with the existing manifold and just port match it to the intake gaskets. That's what 99% of us LT1 guys do.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool thanks for your help. any ideas on specs for porting the heads?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
What do you mean by specs? I know what the word means but not as applied to heads.

The end result varies based on who is doing the work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i can get my heads machined for free at my college class i am in so i was wondering out much i should port them. i dont know a lot about heads. is it like boreing a motor at all? i was just seing like how i should go about porting them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts