LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah that was pretty funny. For what it's worth, I hold the record for the fastest H&C LT1. I want to set the record a little lower before I go into the bottom end. I looked into several companies and the product that they put out. I chose AI based on what I learned and am in the process of a head swap right now. I have to say that they are the most impressive set of LT1 castings that I have ever seen and I have seen almost them all. The machine work and attention to detail really surprised me. Did I make the right choice? We'll know very soon. I certainly wouldn't be spending the money if I didn't believe that I was going to go faster.

·
Registered
221 Posts
im not really sure... great heads with a matching cam isn't as big of a deal when im going for a motor that is relying on all boost. the trickflow heads with a matching cam will work great for me.

But the same kind of argument about AI and Lloyd Elliot's heads is going on at LS1tech.com ... i personaly don't know and am curious to know. Though im still sure the Trickflwos will get me in my happy place :).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've yet to see many examples of Lloyd Eliot's work doing more than just dyno numbers, it seems like the cars always put down less than impressive track times and trap speeds for that matter. AI seems more professional and they hold records, which says something...seems like most kids nowadays just want to get out easy and they'd rather buy something cheap, not realizing how much performance/research & development they are sacrificing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
AWESOME thread.. :lol:

I love them both, both are doing great things for the LT1 world. If I had to choose between them, I'd probably choose AI though. But both are great, it's very close.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
AI.
We might be stepping up this shop car to an AI set up and go after that 10.x as posted above, LOL!!!
Now that Joe O and Phil are on speaking terms, LTx motors will be fun again!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Both seem to have excellent products. I have talked to both but I will go with AI if I ever go into my engine again (hopefully not for a while :rolleyes: ). I live about 4 hours from AI and they even invited me to tour their facility when I was talking about getting a set of heads from them. I ended up going with a local machinist (primarily for ease of dropping off / picking up) for my heads/cam install (finished about a month ago). He had a good name locally and I wanted to see what he could do for me.

My vote goes to AI :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I decided on AI for along the reasons that BrutlTA did. AI is going to be working my TFS heads for the blower motor over for me, and among my reasons for going with AI was the fact that he was in VERY early on the TFS LT1 heads and did a lot of R&D with TFS finding thin spots on the walls and such. This along with results I've seen on his setups swayed my decision as I was teetering between AI or LE.

FWIW, both are very competent head porters who put out good work. IIRC though, several months back a thread comparing the two was on CZ28.com and LE flat out stated that if you're on a budget choose me; If you can afford more for some better results, go AI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts