LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it all began with getting embarrassed by a mustang on I-95 that I could easily stay with until I hit my speed limiter of 110. I looked into getting a handheld tuner to get rid of that pesky feature and they are between 300-500 dollars with is a little steep for a college kid. That being said is there anyone around Charlotte or Fayetteville that has a handheld tuner that works for a 1995 that can tune out speed limiter. I will compensate for your time. Done let another f-body lose to a mustang. :eek:

·
Global Moderator
13,609 Posts
If you get a special cable that hooks your car's dlc to your laptops usb port, you can download the trial version of tunercat obd1 tuner, which is good for 30 days free. However you will need to pony up 20 bucks to buy the $EE definition file tunercat needs to read your 95 pcm. Get at TunerCat The cable is $60 plus shipping at ALDL OBD1 OBD cable OBDI OBD2 engine codes

Tunercat will change any and all data in your 95 pcm. If you decide to keep tunercat for good, it's about $70, I believe.

Trouble with requesting someone else to use their handheld on your car is that most, if not all of them, are vin locked to 1 vehicle and can not tune another.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey man. I have a 95 z28. And I already have tuner cats and the cable. I live about 15min from UNCC.

And from my experience, tuner cats is not vin specific. You download the program from the Pcm and play then reprogram. Just takes time. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man. I have a 95 z28. And I already have tuner cats and the cable. I live about 15min from UNCC.

And from my experience, tuner cats is not vin specific. You download the program from the Pcm and play then reprogram. Just takes time. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Would you be able to help me out one day with that. I haven't used a tuner before and am a tad lost. You can text/call me at (910)366-1704

1 - 7 of 7 Posts