LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i read a while back about the free mods for the LS1 and i was wondering if there where free mods for the LT1 and what they where. Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
throttle body bypass is the one that I can think off right off the bat

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just remebered about MAF Descreening, and removing the slats from the air box (WS6s).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do not descreen the maf caused me a lot of issues with the TA

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
There aren't as many free mods for the LT1. The biggest thing right off the bat is to get a cold air induction on the car as the stock piping is restrictive. That's a proven 10-15 honest hp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Transmission performance shift button on Automatics(my TA had one already) it hold the shifts 500rpm and increases line pressure for harder shifts.

Fernco smooth bellows on Ram Air cars(Home Depot Rubber ABS 3x3 coupler)

Cool Fan Switch.

Home built CAI on non Ram Air cars.

Relocate the Air Inlet Temp Sensor(non Ram Air cars)

Space the ICM away from the head for longer life.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i didnt realize they put the perf shift on trans ams too. i have it on the gtp and owuld highly recomend it to anyone. if it didnt come one your vehicle do some research because on some vehicles i heard its their and you just have to wire up a switch for it

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
transamtom said:
Transmission performance shift button on Automatics(my TA had one already) it hold the shifts 500rpm and increases line pressure for harder shifts.
Only does that for part throttle. If you've ever looked at the trans tables in LT1 edit, the WOT shift points and pressures are the same for the normal and performance modes.

FYI I have a perf mode switch somewhere around the house. $12 shipped if anybody wants it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't realize that,I used it on the street once in a while.

I tried it at the track and it held the revs about 500rpm longer,it actually made me a little slower as the car was out of its powerband longer with the stock cam.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im not sure if this helps or even works at all, we all know the engine compartment is small.....at least with the v8.......and a lot off heat is trapped in there.......if you cant afford an extractor hood or just dot want one you can remove the weather strpping from the rear of the engine compartmet and youll have about a1 inch gap across the underside rear of the hood..and if your concerned about water you canplace a thin strip weather stripping that sticky on one side to stop the water from leaking on your motor still leaving the air gap....i tried it on mine and it seemed to run afew degrees cooler and picked up a little performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts