LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I have recently taken on an engine build for a 96 WS6 Trans Am after the results of a leak down test revealed that two cylinders had issues. I have decided to take this opportunity to do some performance upgrades while the motor is out.
This is where a little help would be appreciated. I am not looking to go crazy but would like some modest improvements.
I have picked up a set of nearly new LT4 heads and intake. I have a new valvetrain kit from PAC along with a BBk 52mm throttle body and new 30Lb injectors. The car already has BBK shorty headers and Borla exhaust. I had originally planned on using a TPIS ZZ409 cam 226/226 duration 520/520 lift and a LSA of 112 with 1.6 roller rockers. Would like the power range to be between 2-2500 thru 5800. The car is also a 6speed. Would also like to be able to hear that cam with a little bit of lope to it, nothing crazy. I have started to second guess myself just looking at all the different cams that are available and after watching vids of other cars.
This is where your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. I am aware and plan on having a tune done to accommodate all these changes. figured that there has been someone on here that has done something similar that could weigh in on all this. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One of our members put together a really great list of some of the more popular cams. He also included some great details, such as how aggressive the lobes are, if you should consider steeper gears, or if you should get a converter for the automatic guys.

Camshaft Selection Guide

With your other changes and upgrades, I bet this will be a ton of fun! Feel free to update us on your choice, and best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts